Fashion | American Music Awards '13

7:29 PM

Hey hey, so the American Music Awards were last Sunday and I'm sure many of you fashionistas were watching to scoop the latest fashion on the red carpet. Myself I was too lazy to get out of bed and turn on the TV plus it was also very late and I had class early in the morning the very next day... but Instagram did sure keep me updated with everything, -fashion wise. This year I expected the starts to go all out with their outfits but actually they were most all toned down and very classy so it was a good change and also to see many of them fully dressed and not showing every aspect of their body to the whole world.
Below are my favourite looks from the awards, have a look at let me know in the comments which ones were your favourites.

Nicole Richie: was spotted rocking an Emilio Pucci dress which looked gorgeous on her figure, with that she added some Casadei shoes and a House of Harlow 1960 clutch. She also rocked a vintage Gucci ring and YSL earrings and necklace. Although I'm not too sure about those hip bones popping out, maybe if it had been closed on the frontal part then it'd have probably been even more sexier.

Naya Rivera: one of my many women crushes, she weeerked this long sleeved, floor length Michael Kors gown like no other. She showed just the right amount of cleavage and the open back was very sexy too. I loved the way she accessorised with gold jewellery. She definitely got people talking when stepping on and away from the red carpet!
Emma Roberts: wearing a Lanvin gown, Casadei shoes and a RODO clutch. I like her dress and I don't think it's too bad for her petite figure. Also the pop of pink from the clutch and shoes added a bit of colour to the all silver outfit.

Kendall Jenner: looked very chic in this Keepsake top and skirt, Manolo Blahnik shoes and a Dylanex necklace. With her figure I feel this outfit was perfect for her and adding that chunky statement necklace was the way to go for a bit of glam.

Kylie Jenner: the younger sister was spotting a Maiyet top, Giambatista Valli pants and some Barbara Bui shoes. Her outfit wasn't at the very top of my list but nonetheless she looked good and the thing that attracted me to her whole look was the bangs, I think they suit her pretty well.
Jordin Sparks: Jason Derulo's lady was rocking this gorgeous gold studded Jovani Couture dress with some Schutz shoes and jewellery by Pink Accessories. The was no way for me to not like this outfit, anything gold and studded I always love; so combining these two things together was pure love at first sight. I also adore the minimal make up and simple pony tail so that the focus was on this gorgeous dress.

Rihanna: Riri sure does loves her some Jean Paul Gaultier, A$AP ROCKY even mentions it in his song 'fashion killa'. When Rihanna stepped on the red carpet everyone went bonkers talking about how her hair looked like she was going to bed and whatever. I, on the other hand was busy admiring her outfit. It's so out there and we're getting a glimpse of some of her many tattoos. I absolutely loved the bra top!

Lady Gaga: this year I expected Mother Monster to go utterly crazy with her outfit but instead she came one looking very classy with her long locks in this fab Versace gown. I was in awe. But since the outfit wasn't too crazy, of course she had to find another way to make a scene and that was by coming on a human made pony. Way to go Gaga.
Christina Aguilera: looked somewhat elegant in this Maria Lucia Hohan dress with some Christian Louboutin shoes this year. I love her loose curls and this hairstyle definitely suits her face shape. The slits add some sexiness to the whole look because in my opinion if there weren't any cuts she'd look like a nun.


There you have it guys, my favourite looks from this year's AMA's. As you can see the whole monochrome look was really in trend. I'm jealous to the people that can rock white all the time. I've not always been a huge fan of wearing white as it gets dirty very fast, but I'm slowly easing into it. Which were your favourite looks this year and which trends are you diggin'?

Follow on Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

  1. Kendal Jenner looks hotter than ever!
    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. they all look very fabulous.

    http://ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the all-white looks from your selection, especially Kendall's outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow amazing dresses and gorgeous Ladies! Christina is really back in shape - good work! Really great inspiration! Tell me if you would like to follow each other?!

    Lots of Love, Kyra♡
    www.kyras.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the white that a lot of these ladies chose, maybe not Nicole Richie's choice of 'fit but I loved Christina and Kendall's looks - they were my faves of the night. I loved Riri's performance ensemble more than her red carpet look. I liked the juxtaposition of her wrapped hair with such an upscale gown :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment. xx