Dining at Argentína Steikhús

3:48 PM

Happy Sunday! Last Friday mum took me to a restaurant called Argentína Steikhús seeing as I'd just completed my last shift at work for the summer and also it had been long since the two of us went out for dinner. It was my first time eating there and I had such a great experience, I'll definitely be going back for their white chocolate mousse dessert. We were there for almost 4 hours just chatting and indulging in scrumptious dishes.

I wanted the 'full' experience so we opted for their Special four course menu and a few glasses of Malbec - it was perfect. Our entrée was a slow cooked cod loin covered in artichoke purée, next we had beef carpaccio rolls with wasabi mayonnaise and dill marinated cucumber, this dish I didn't have too high expectations about because I found it to be a very strange combination, particularly the wasabi. Nonetheless, it was very different yet tasty.
Cod loin
Beef carpaccio
3rd dish was a medium grilled beef tenderloin with confit cooked lamb and roasted vegetables (this restaurant is considered one of the best in Reykjavík plus they specialise in steaks so my expectations for this dish were very high, and I must say I was very content with what I was presented with, I think many of you will agree with me that presentation is key to making food delectable.
Beef tenderloin
White chocolate mousse
Lastly we had a mouthwatering dessert - white chocolate mousse with Yuzu meringue, carrot ice cream and dried greek yoghurt. This has got to be the best dessert I've ever had, I literally wiped my plate clean because it was that good. The carrot ice cream was surprisingly tasty! 
Their menu offers different kinds of selected wines but I opted on ordering one different ones as I didn't want to risk leaving the restaurant on all fours...
Can we talk about beautiful mum looked though?! She doing her thang that night, I didn't even have a say in the outfit, it was all her and we actually ended up kind of co-ordinating with the blue hues.
The selfie struggle is real...
Trench - Vila // Blouse - H&M // Shorts - Monki // Bag - Zara // Heels - Public Desire

Overall I had a very nice experience at this restaurant and couldn't recommend it enough. If you ever find yourself in Reykjavík, make sure to check it out even just for drinks. It has a very relaxed ambiance and the staff are friendly. If it's a weekend then make sure to pre-order your table as it can get very crowded. Argentína Steikhús is located right next to the main shopping street so it'd very easy to get to the next bar/club after your dinner.

Hope you're not too hungry after reading this.

Esther. x


You Might Also Like

11 Comments

  1. nice shoes
    new post :
    http://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanta tu estilo,el look es ideal!! https://bohoclosetblog.com/2016/08/15/desde-guatemala/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are seriously making us hungry and your outfit is lovely! That trench coat is so chic, we love how you styled it!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pops of blue in your outfit! Those shoes are beautiful =)

    - Che

    www.style-che.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great style! :)


    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment. xx