Graduation Day | 20.12.14 |

12:56 AM

Brunch at Sky Lounge & Bar
2014 is almost over and as aforementioned in this post I told you guys that on the 20th of December I received my upper secondary certificate and I'm officially ready to go to University. I'm just stuck on what exactly to study because I don't want to waste my time doing something that doesn't interest me and then having to later change courses and all that jazz. This was my my main goal of this year, to graduate and to be able to do so I had to devote my time and hard work into it by taking way more classes than adviced so that I could make it, and I DID IT.

After the ceremony at school
A selfie in Zara before dinner | Getting ready to go out
Lady of the evening
Now a little background info, a few of you guys know that I lived in Denmark for briefly 6 months. That was right after  graduating 10th grade and there I enrolled into a Gymnasium which is the equivalent of High School and was doing the normal International Baccalaureate, when I returned home I wasn't able to get into the only school in the country that offered IB so I went ahead and enrolled into the normal section which meant everything was taught in Icelandic, I went in with a positive attitude and I can say that that's exactly what got  me through seeing as it's not my first language. The whole Denmark thing delayed me for a whole semester and I should have graduated last summer but nonetheless I still managed to finish in 4 years as previously planned.

Enough of the rambling now on to the graduation day itself. Dad took us for brunch before the graduation and it was so good, it's been long since I had some freshly squeezed orange juice and the yummy cheese rolls. Afterwards I changed into my dress in the backseat because we were running late (even though I was up  by 08:00 AM!), I got to school in time for the photoshoot. Then at 2:00 PM it all went down, everyone got their certificates and took a few more pictures. After the ceremony I made another outfit change in the car and my friends and I went for a stroll at the mall and dinner later on. Once dinner was over, I went home to refresh my makeup and had a little get together at my place with quite a lot of booze and we ended the night out in town. The next day I literally couldn't walk and let myself sleep in till noon. Overall it was an amazing day despite the 2 metres of snow that was outside!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Thank you so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment. xx