Mum's Graduation Ceremony

6:29 PM

Hey everybody, hope you're having a relaxed Sunday evening. Yesterday my mum received her B.A Degree in Social Education from The University of Iceland so you know it was a long joyous day. On Friday night before we prepared some food and got beverages ready for Saturday as we wouldn't have time to prepare everything from scratch after the graduation ceremony. We got up very early on Saturday morning and helped mum get ready - outfit styling and make-up by yours truly.

I'm so proud of my hardworking mother!!!

The funny this from yesterday was the fact that she was the only one from her department to be graduating at this time whilst everyone else will be graduating in June. I was and I am still so very proud of her for all the hard work she's put into achieving this major goal, for the longest time my mum has been juggling both work and school, she's currently finishing up a few courses to get another degree in Business Administration and hopefully all goes well. I feel blessed to both look up to and to have such a strong and ambitious woman as my mother and that's something I'd never take for granted.
My 'uncle' also came to support and after the ceremony he took us out for a very lovely late lunch at a restaurant called Bryggjan Brugghús which is located right by the Reykjavík Harbour. Despite the weather being shit - rain and very windy; it was a beautiful scenery.

Now on to my outfit, not too long ago I made my first order on ASOS and I cannot even begin to explain to ya'll how much I freaking love their website. Seriously, I won't even disclose how many things I have in my shopping cart right now...
Anyway, it that first order came this gorgeous flowy dress along with another bodycon one in this very same colour. I bought the dress especially for the graduation ceremony and I was so excited to wear it out. I felt very comfortable and at lunch I ate so much but you can't even notice it.
Dress - ASOS // Earrings - Forever21 // Bag - Primark // Sandals - Zara

The saying 'beauty is pain' is what I was working with yesterday, the pain being the cold. It was freeeeeezing, it was about -4°C when I took these photos but the alcohol in my system kind of kept me a tad bit warm. Once the few snaps were taken I ran straight inside and covered myself with a coat and scarf.

You can find the dress I'm wearing here.

Esther. x

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  1. Congrats to your fabolous mom! You both were looking absolutely amazing!
    The blue looks wonderful on your mom and the coral looks gorgeous on you!


    www.itstrueblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh this is amazing congratulations to your mum! You both look gorgeous! x

    http://lifeofacameo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your mum, that's so great!!! I'm loving your dress too, you look fab :)
    xx
    DeeVine Anonyme

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment. xx