New In | Urban Decay Naked Smoky

7:45 PM

UD Naked Smoky - $54
I caved in once again and got myself the latest installment of the popular Naked palettes by Urban Decay, the Naked Smoky palette. This is the third in my collection, I have the Naked 2Naked 3 and now, Naked Smoky. I bought mine in a store called Douglas back when I was in Berlin. I walked in there not knowing what it was exactly I was looking for till I saw this beauty. I instantly picked one up without even asking about the price and headed straight for the check-out counter. You could say that it was love at first sight. As always the palette carries twelve insanely pigmented eyeshadows in an array of incredible shades - also this in my opinion is their best packaging of all the Naked palettes; I mean how ridiculously cool is the floating smoke affect that covers the case? I don't know about you but I've never seen anything like it.

Here you can see all the twelve colours, the compact contains a large full sized mirror and a fabulous double-ended smudge/tapered crease brush. If you're looking for a palette that enables you to transform your look from a clean and more minimal eye to a full-blown sexy and sultry look using only one single palette, then you should consider investing in this palette. It combines beautiful cool and warm shades plus different finishes from matte to glitter. Some shades i.e. black market or smolder might be a bit too 'out there' for some but, if you're not afraid of colour then these should be great for a sultry smoky eye.
From L-R: High - shimmery champagne pink with micro glitter
Dirtysweet - medium bronze with no glitter
Radar - warm brown with gold glitter
Armor - taupe with silver sparkle
Slanted - light metallic grey with a satin finish.
From L-R: Dagger - charcoal grey satin colour with a hint of micro glitter,
Black Market - a beautiful dark shade with slight shimmer (can't wait to test it!)
Smolder - a deep-plum satin with purple shimmer,
Password - cool taupe matte,
Whiskey - rich chocolate brown matte,
Combust - medium beige matte, suitable for transitioning,
Thirteen - the lightest shade in the palette & it has a matte finish to it.

That's a run through all the shades and what sort of finish they have to them, I'm so excited to try out the palette. I already have an idea of the look I will be doing, very dark, dramatic and sexy all at once! Perhaps I might add a deep plum lipstick just to make the entire look more dramatic...
So did you already jump on the bandwagon of the UD Naked Smoky palette too or you still have your doubts? I'm hoping the winter sun will show herself one of these days so I can swatch the colours and kind of give a more in-depth review.

Esther. x

p.s what's with spelling smoky without an 'e'?...

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. I am torn between Naked Smokey and too faced chocolate palette. Love both but not yet gotten the courage to buy any . Can't wait to see u create some looks with this one .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh one of my friends has the Chocolate bar palette and it smells divine! The colour pay-off is also great.x

      Delete
  2. I completely understand why you caved in with this palette, it has a lot of pretty colors

    http://sincerelymissj.blogspot.ca/2015/11/the-colored-wool-coat.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment. xx