Fashion | Grammy Awards 2012 - Best Dressed
3:20 AM
Hi beauties, hope you're all doing well.
As most of you know the Grammy Awards were held this past weekend at the Staples Center in LA. I was up till 4.AM because I didn't want to miss out on anything and I had a notebook and pen with me to jot down which outfits I thought were the best of that evening. And now I have decided to show you the pictures of the ones that I thought were best dressed this year.
Mind you they are not in any particular order
Kim Kardashian: the woman looked so beautiful in this Antonio Berardi gown, it showed off her body shape so well. There has been a lot of controversy going on about how she was disrespectful that night by wearing such a 'showy' dress as it was the same night that Whitney Houston passed away. I don't think it's disrespectful at all, I mean she had already chosen the dress and I'm sure she took weeks to find the perfect dress for the event and it wouldn't make any sense to put it down because of someone's death. ( I know I sound like a totally cold person, but put yourself in her situation. What would you have done?). Overall she looked amazing.
Gwyneth Paltrow: looked fabulous in Stella McCartney , she looked very classy and pulled back the hair so the focus would mainly be on the dress, she added a gold belt and is wearing a Delfina Delettrez ring.
Kate Beckinsale: the British babe rocked a crème mini dress by Zuhair Murad, wtih chiffon draping and a black velvet bow tie at the shoulder. She finished up the look with some Ferragamo pumps and Sutra jewelry.
Adele: she looked so classy in this Giorgio Armani boatneck gown with three-quarter sleeves. She wore some glittering stilettos and jewelry by Harry Winston.
Alicia Keys: I can't even begin to describe how beautiful she looked, LOVE the dress by Alexandre Vauthien, from the shoulder pads to the necklace which is by the way GORGEOUS to the Christian Loubotin shoes and certainly not forgetting the Hair, I fancy the whole 'mohawk thing' going on here. The dressed was so fit and showed off her beautiful figure and having her man by her side just completes the whole look don't ya think? The contrast between the outfits, none is outshining the other... all just perfect!
Amber Rose: I love her and Wiz, I think they look cute together but I have no idea why he is dressed like that. That is so not like him at all - mistakes people make while trying to be 'fashionable and get out of their comfort zone' a little too quick. Amber's wearing Versace and I think the colour looks really pretty against her skin tone. I could see myself rocking the Versaceeeeeee.
Fergie: most articles that I have read the past couple of days chose her as one of the worst dressed of this year, I completely disagree. My thoughts are she looked ravishing in this Haute couture gown by Jean Paul Gaultier and jewels by Neil Lane, she wore Walter Steiger pumps and a Judith Leiber clutch and on top of that she brought her mother as her date, how sweet!
Jesse J: looked stunning in a Julien McDonald dress. Her hair is OK, I'm not really a huge fan of the fringe but my main focus was on the dress. Overall I was very surprised to see her in this disco'ed out dress and I was expecting more of a crazy-mania outfit like the GAGA and the Minaj. Instead she looked very elegant.
Rihanna: all eyes were on heR Sunday night, she looked ravishingly exotic in the supersexy yet somewhat understated dress which was a collaboration between her and Giorgio Armani. I read somewhere that she was going for a 'sexy yet gangster' look (correct me if im wrong) I think she totally hit that line perfectly.
Kelly Rowland: looked amazeballsin this peachy Alberta Ferretti gown with embellished top paired with a formfitting skirt. Overall she looked amazing and there's nothing more to say.As you may have noticed, mixing black and gold is so in right now. I love the combination and especially if it's wearing something very simple and basic then jazzing it up with some funky gold jewels.
Hope you enjoyed the post and happy weekend to me, I have no school tommorow (actually it's already Friday so yeah...)
So tell me, WHO DO YOU THINK WAS THE BEST DRESSED THIS YEAR?











3 Comments
I'll totally marry Rihanna right now (and I'm straight haha) she looked perfect! I love Adele's dress too, so chic and gorgeous! Kim Kardashian has a really great body, and that dress just flatters her curves really well!
ReplyDeletexo
There are many I didn't like the best for me are Alicia, Rihanna, Kate, and Kelly
ReplyDeletekim's dress looks a bit tight ...
ReplyDeleteI love kate and her dress looks stunning :-)
Thank you so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment. xx